Thursday 5 December 2013

Chillin in Hanoi

In the morning in Hanoi we get up around 6:30 am and putter on the internet and get ready to hit the streets. Either a bowl of pho or congee for breakfast, or both, theres no rules. Then a nice sit down at a cafe for cup of tea and discuss our plans. Its delicious,  green tea with a sweetness added by some type of flower (havent figured what yet). I got my boots polished yesterday hoping people would stop asking me if I wanted my boots polished... didnt work lol. I am asked 6 times at while sipping tea. You can also pay to take a drag of tabacco off of a giant pipe. Its communal. After our tea we go for a walk around the lake while stores finish opening and setting up.

Yesterday we decided it would be spa day. While Kim opted for different spa treatments, pedicure, manicure and purple nails! (She also learned to ask for a half leg wax not full because full you have to fight to get the lady to stop at the top of the leg lol). I decided to get a hot stone massage followed by a salt scrub. The hot stone massage was amazing, ever inch of you body gets attention noting is forgotten, 75 min. Super relaxing. Same with the salt scrub, every inch is vigorously scrubbed. I mean really, she must have thought I was super dirty. I think she scrubbed my soul clean. Followed by a hot shower, it was invigorating. Spa day all in for both of us $75.

No comments:

Post a Comment