Wednesday 10 September 2014

Australian first impressions

I am so sorry I haven't blogged yet from Australia but one of the first things I learned was the county needs to sort out their wifi situation.  Seriously, Vietnam was golden compared to here!

My first event in Sydney, Australia was attending an Aussie Rules Football game.  Kim's uncle Andrew quietly suggested it for my first day and was quite pleased when I agreed enthusiastically.   So awesome.  We went to see the semi final Sydney Swans vs. Freemantle and the whole stadium was a sea of red and white Swans supporters.  Impressive showing of colors and support vocally.  Andrew explained the rules to me in less the 30 seconds and I was ready.   For a game most think have no rules the crowd certainly think there are many and they get broken quite frequently to which the supporters respond to very loudly.  The refs are even sponsered by an optometry clinic lol.  Absolute fun, beer and hot dogs and a solid win by the Swans.  A free bus system was in place for the mass that spilled ou and safely delivered people away.  I liked it a lot, I'm definitely taking Kim to experience that.

Exploring the Sydney harbour the next day I quickly learned how beautiful it is here.  A short ferry ride showed me how big and gorgeous Sydney harbour is.  Oh, gotta go, wifis gonna kick me off... talk to you soon kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment