Tuesday 10 May 2016

Everyday something new, I love

Ever since we got to Kampot,  Cambodia I have learned or seen something new, for me its turned into a bit of a slogan.  Everyday something new, I love it.

The past few days its been about snakes on property, disturbing as they are poisonous. .. Kim is petrified and Sal, our Khmer jack of all trades,  slightly afraid.  The solution he tells us, 'lime'.

Yes, we must put lime around the house.  They don't like.  Hmm.  No, he can't mean limes,  that's ridiculous,  maybe he means like a lime carbonate powder or something?   Sal returns from town with limes.  Three for the kitchen, three for the bedroom, two for the bathroom and a bunch to scatter around the yard.  Cut open they smell like citronella.   "Everyday something new, I love," Sal says to me with a smile.  Haven't seen a snake since.

No comments:

Post a Comment